OWWA Scholarship Program You Can Avail Under the Skills for Employment Scholarship Program
What is OWWA Scholarship Program and the Skills for Employment Scholarship Program or SESP?
The OWWA Scholarship Program
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) Scholarship Program is an initiative aimed to support the educational needs of overseas Filipino workers’ (OFWs) dependents. The scholarship program offers financial assistance to cover tuition fees, miscellaneous expenses, allowances, and other fees related to education.
The OWWA Skills for Employment Scholarship Program or SESP
OWWA’s Skills for Employment Scholarship Program aids Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents who want to pursue technical-vocational education, covering tuition, books, and other fees.
The program offers courses including Occupational Safety and Health, automotive, construction, and hospitality, allowing grantees to learn from government-accredited training centers or institutions like HSS Philippines.
Its goal is to help OFWs acquire essential skills for better employment opportunities or entrepreneurship, contributing to the economy. OWWA’s support and commitment through this scholarship program show dedication to helping OFWs achieve their aspirations.
OWWA SESP Video For OFWs and Their Dependents
Available OSH Training Courses Under the OWWA SESP
How to Apply for the OWWA Skills for Employment Scholarship Program and What are the Requirements?
Before proceeding to the next step, please remember that it is the student’s responsibility to process his or her own application for the Skills for Employment Scholarship Program in any OWWA regional office. Here are the requirements and steps to take OWWA’s SESP:
What are the requirements for OWWA's SESP Application?
- Proof of OWWA Membership
- Accomplished Application Form
- 1 Government-issued ID
- 2 copies of 2″x2″ photos
- Any of the following:
- Form 137
- Report Card
- PRC License
- For OFW dependents – proof of relationship to OFW-member (PSA copy)
- For spouse – Marriage Certificate
- For child – Birth Certificate
- For siblings – Birth Certificate of both Member OFW and applicant
How to apply for OWWA's SESP?
Once you have the required documents ready, follow these steps to apply for the SESP. Please note that as of the moment, only the NCR Regional Office and the Region III (Central Luzon) Regional Office process SESP applications.
- Make an online appointment with OWWA. Go to OWWA appointment booking system.
- Choose the OWWA office (NCR or Region III) and the Type of Program as Skills-for-Employment Scholarship Program (SESP). Follow the remaining steps to complete your appointment.
- Visit the OWWA NCR Regional Office on the date you chose.
- Check the map below for OWWA’s location
- At the SESP window, inquire for the Skills for Employment Scholarship Program offered by HSS LLC Training Center.
- Fill out the provided application form.
- Wait for the issuance of Notice of Award (NOA).
Please remember that OWWA will be the one who approves and verifies your application. After the approval of your application, OWWA will give you a Notice of Award (NOA). The Notice of Award is valid only within 45 days upon approval. It means that you have to use it immediately as OSH trainings take weeks to complete.
How to Avail OWWA-Accredited OSH Training Courses from HSS Philippines?
So, you have received a Notice of Award issued by OWWA. What is your next step to avail of HSS Philippines’ OSH Training Courses, which are OWWA-accredited?
- Inform us about your desire to enroll in one of our OWWA-accredited OSH Training Courses. You can either visit our office or send us a soft-copy the following:
- A clear photo/soft copy of the OWWA Membership Number
- A clear photo/soft copy Notice of Award (NOA).
- A clear copy of a government-issued ID.
- A clear copy of 2×2 ID Picture
- Use our online registration form to process your enrollment. Go to registration form.
- Wait for an HSS representative to contact you about your enrollment status and schedules.
About the Training and Certification
After you finish your enrollment, you will proceed to the training. You are required to finish every training you availed. You are also required to comply with all the requirements such as activities/workshops, quizzes, and examinations.
After you finish the online courses wait for the OWWA Confirmation of attendance, enrollment slip and other supporting documents. After confirmation, HSS Training Center will issue a certificate of your training that we are going to send to OWWA where you processed your NOA.