Thank you for visiting us online at www.hssphilippines.com. We want you to feel comfortable while visiting our website or using our services, and therefore we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it. It is our belief that you should understand the way we will use the information that you provide (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”).
This Policy also explains how you (hereinafter referred to as the “User”) can ask questions about your Personal Information, review and update your Personal Information, and other choices available to you with regards to your Personal Information and how it is used and managed by HSS Corporation We invite you to take a few minutes to read our Policy.
Table of Contents
Our privacy principles
In order to make our Users as comfortable as possible with the use of our Services, HSS Corporation. follows the following data collection and data privacy principals:
- We collect and process your Personal Information lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner;
- We collect and process your Personal Information for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes;
- We collect and process your Personal Information only for the purposes specified in this Policy;
- We collect and process only your Personal Information that is relevant and necessary for us to provide our Services;
- We collect and process your Personal Information in a manner that ensures appropriate security of your Personal Information, including but not limited to:
- Protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing; and
- Protection against accidental loss, destruction, or damage of your Personal Information, using appropriate technical or organisational measures to ensure protection.
- We implement the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by international regulations in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the User;
- We only store your Personal Information for as long as it is needed, to provide you your Services; and
- We keep accurate and up to date records of your Personal Information and give you the opportunity to correct any inaccuracies with your Personal Information.
Collection and use of your anonymous information
In general, you can visit HSS Corporation’s web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself.
For our internal purposes, when you visit our website www.hssphilippines.com, we gather information about you as the User, and the device you are accessing our site with. This information can include, but is not limited to:
- The date and time you visited our site;
- The browser type you are using and the name of your internet service provider; and
- The website that referred you to us, any pages you requested, your navigation history, and the IP address linked to the device and/or provider you are visiting our site from.
This information does not contain anything that can identify you as the User personally. We use this information for our internal security audit log, trend analysis, system administration, and to gather broad demographic information about our User base.
We may also use this information to generate statistics and measure site activity to benefit www.hssphilippines.com Users. This information may be shared with third parties in order to provide these services or to analyze, store, or aggregate the information. The information may also be shared with other third parties who are working with us to improve the services of HSS Corporation and/or this website. This information however, will not be shared with third parties for business or marketing purposes.
Collection and use of your personal information
HSS Corporation acknowledges that you own your data. Any data and/or Personal Information that is stored or processed by HSS Corporation is at the direction of our Controllers (the company or service that you created an account with). This makes us a Processer of data.
HSS Corporation does not control or have access to any Personal Information that may be shared while using HSS Corporation When signing up for HSS Corporation Services (through our Controllers) such as the web application, we may be asked by our Controllers to store data that they have gathered about you as the User, that can be considered Personal Information.
This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Your first and last name, address, email address, telephone numbers, and any other Personal Information you enter when you create an account with one of our Controllers.
- You may also be asked for Personal Information when you make an online purchase, or enter into contests or promotions, sponsored by our partners.
Your Personal Information is only stored for as long as it is necessary to be able to provide services to you and our Controllers. This information is used to conduct our business operations and provide Services to you and our Controllers including, but not limited to:
- Processing orders;
- Communications with customers;
- Customizing products or services to better meet User preferences;
- Offer products and services from HSS Corporation and other sources that may be of interest to Users;
- Service improvement; and
- Research, marketing, and other general purposes.
In addition to the use of your Personal Information as detailed above, we may, from time to time, be asked by our Controllers to use your Personal Information to deliver Services, such as fax bulletins and new product announcements, to alert you of special offers and to allow you to access certain limited-entry areas of our site.
Your Personal Information will not be shared with third parties for business or marketing purposes.
By using the www.hssphilippines.com website, or any of its Services, you consent to the terms of this Policy and to HSS Corporation ’s collection and processing of your Anonymous Information as described above, for the purposes stated above.
Sharing your personal information
As stated above, HSS Corporation is a Processer of data. This means that any data and/or Personal Information that HSS Corporation stores or processes is at the direction of its Controllers. HSS Corporation will not collect, process, or manage any data and/or Personal Information without the express direction of its Controllers, and will not collect, process, or manage any data and/or Personal Information without knowing that the Controller has obtained the proper consent from the User.
Companies may be engaged by HSS Corporation to perform a variety of functions, including, but not limited to, fulfilling orders, assisting with promotions, and providing technical services for our website, etc. These companies may have access to your Personal Information, if needed, to perform their functions. However, these companies may only use such Personal Information for the purpose of performing that function and may not use it for any other reason. HSS Corporation ensures that any company engaged to provide functions or services are trusted and vetted, and we ensure that any company that is engaged by HSS Corporation is strictly obligated to protect your Personal Information under the terms of contract with them.
HSS Corporation does not sell, transfer, or disclose Personal Information to third parties. However, with your permission, we will, on occasion, send marketing information on behalf of one of our business partners about products or services they provide that may be of interest to you. You may be asked if you wish to receive marketing materials from HSS Corporation’s business partners. If you elect to receive such materials, HSS Corporation will not share your Personal Information with such partners but rather will send correspondence on behalf of the partners.
Compliance with legal process
The only time HSS Corporation will share your Personal Information without first seeking your consent is if HSS Corporation has been asked by relevant authorities and/or investigators to cooperate with an investigation, court order, legal process, or any other such regulatory audit or investigation.
Asides from when we are required by law, HSS Corporation may also disclose your Personal Information if we, in good faith, believe that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with the law or with legal process;
- Protect and defend our rights and property;
- Protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website or Services; or
- Protect the personal safety or property of our Users or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
Access your personal information
As stated above, HSS Corporation is a Processer of data, so we cannot access your Personal Information without your consent, and the consent of our Controller. If at any time you would like to review, update, correct, or delete any of your Personal Information, please contact our Controller (the company or service that you created an account with) and they will gladly assist you in processing your request. If, for whatever reason, you do not receive the assistance you require from the Controller, please contact our DPO directly at email@example.com and we will be glad to assist you in facilitating the correct action to be taken.
Security of your personal information
We are committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
We encrypt all of the data we process and use secure TLS/SSL AES 256 methods to ensure the utmost protection when it comes to your Personal Information. We also use Amazon EBS Encrypted Volumes to further secure your Personal Information. For more information on our security and encryption methods please contact our DPO directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our employees' responsibilities
Our employees are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all Personal Information that they have access to. As a condition of employment, our employees are required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement binding them to this responsibility. Furthermore, our internal onboarding and training programs require all newly hired employees to review and accept our internal confidentiality and privacy policies. Finally, we keep our current employees informed about our policies for protecting Personal Information and reinforce the importance of complying with same.
You can also set your internet browser to block all cookies by accessing the “settings” menu of your internet browser. This will decline all cookies for every website you visit using your internet browser. Again, this will provide you with anonymity, but it may also reduce the effectiveness and ease of use of any website that you visit.
Changes to this policy
As our company evolves and as regulations change, this Policy may also change over time. We ensure that any changes to this Policy will not reduce User rights or protections in any way, without your consent, and we ensure that we will make Users aware of any changes to this Policy that may take place over time.
Your own role
Since the security of your Personal Information is very important to us, we like to encourage all of our Users to also take an active role in protecting and securing their Personal Information. We encourage you to create a strong password and guard that password thoroughly. We also encourage you to avoid unauthorized use of your account.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, our security practices, or if there is any other way we can try and make you feel more comfortable with the use of our website and Services, please feel free to contact our DPO at email@example.com. We will be glad to try and assist you in any way that we can.